Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy - April 21, 2020
- Online Calculator: a calculator will be launched on the CRA website so businesses can determine the amount they can expect to claim through the CEWS. The CEWS calculator can be found on CRA's Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy Web page.
- Applications: open April 27
Emergency Community Support Fund
- Funds: $350 million to support community organizations and non-profit organizations. Part of the money will go directly to small independent organizations and the rest will go to national organizations like the United Way and the Red Cross.
- Use: It will support a variety of activities, such as:
- Increasing volunteer-based home deliveries of groceries and medications
- Providing transportation services, like accompanying or driving seniors or persons with disabilities to appointments
- Scaling up help lines that provide information and support
- Helping vulnerable Canadians access government benefits
- Providing training, supplies, and other required supports to volunteers so they can continue to make their invaluable contributions to the COVID-19 response
- Replacing in-person, one-on-one contact and social gatherings with virtual contact through phone calls, texts, teleconferences, or the Internet