Canadian Covid-19 Government Updates - May 15, 2020
Federal Government Update
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Extended to August 29, 2020.
- Effective immediately and retroactive to March 15
- Eligibility expanded to include:
- registered journalism organizations
- private colleges and training school
- amateur athletic associations
- Indigenous-government-owned corporations or partnerships
Provincial Government Update
K-12 students to have optional in-class instruction on June 1
Parents will have the choice of bringing their children back to class on a part-time basis this school year as part of BC's Restart Plan, with the goal of returning to full-time classes in September 2020, provided it is safe to do so.